You can request to retrieve or delete visitor data by opening a ticket (from the support site).
- When a request to delete data is received: The visitor is automatically opted-out of any further data collection, and Dynamic Yield erases any data that is permanently stored across our databases within 7 business days. You are responsible to delete any CRM data stored in your databases. The visitor is notified via email when the data is deleted.
- When a request to retrieve data is received: Dynamic Yield returns all events captured for the specified DYID or email directly to the one who opened the ticket, by email, within 21 business days. We do not return processed or aggregated data such as the user’s affinity or the audiences they belong to. We do not return CRM data -- you are responsible for delivering this data to the customer.
To open a request, open a ticket and use the following text in the Message field depending on the nature of the request:
- “Personal Information Removal Request: <DYID or email of visitor>”
- “Personal Information Access Request: <DYID or email of visitor>”
- The <email of the visitor> must be a registered email.
- You can remove multiple users in a single ticket that includes the users' email addresses.
- If you do not have the visitor’s DYID, give the end user this link to retrieve it and send it to you.