You can request to retrieve or delete visitor data by opening a ticket (from the support site).
- If a request to delete data is received, the visitor is automatically opted-out of any further data collection, and Dynamic Yield will erase any data that is permanently stored across our databases within 7 business days. The customer is responsible to delete any CRM data stored in their databases as well. The visitor is notified via email when the data is deleted.
- If a request to retrieve data is received, Dynamic Yield returns all events captured for the specified DYID or email by email directly to the visitor. We do not return processed or aggregated data such as the user’s affinity or the audiences he/she belongs to. We do not return CRM data, the customer is responsible to deliver this data to the customer.
To open a request, open a ticket and use the following text in the Message field depending on the nature of the request:
- “Personal Information Removal Request: <DYID or email of visitor>”
- “Personal Information Access Request: <DYID or email of visitor>”
- The <email of the visitor> must be a registered email.
- If you do not have the visitor’s DYID, provide the end-user this link to retrieve it and send it to you.
- If you are integrated with Findify (via Dynamic Yield), you should send the Findify ID together with the DYID. Visitors should follow these instructions to retrieve their Findify ID.