If you have more than one site in your Dynamic Yield account, you can copy campaigns from one site to a similar one. For example, between a staging and live environment or between sites supporting different languages and locations.
About copying campaigns
Copying campaigns is designed to copy from sites that are very similar to each other. The source and target site must have the same platform type (website, Android, iOS) and vertical (e-commerce, media, and so on). If there are dependencies on other Dynamic Yield features such as Audiences, Goals, Evaluators, or any other entity, the copied campaign will search for an entity with the same name in the target site. If these do not exist in the target site, the copy will fail.
For example, copying a recommendation requires that a strategy with the same name exists in both the source and target site.
The campaigns are copied with all experiences, variations, labels, and other settings to the target site. Variations that are connected to templates are detached from the original templates, but maintain all configurations and settings.
You can determine if you want to publish your campaign on the target site, or save it as a draft.
- Copying campaigns is not supported for all campaign types such as Dynamic Links.
- Feed based variations cannot be copied between sites.
- Archived campaigns cannot be copied between sites.
- When you copy a published campaign that also has a draft version, only the published version is copied.
- You can't copy to a site that already contains a campaign with the same name.
- You can't copy multi-touch campaigns from one site to another.
- When the campaign depends on Dynamic Yield features such as evaluators, audiences, strategies, or any other entity, the target site must have a parallel entity with the same name.
Copying a campaign to another site
- Go to the list page that contains your campaign and click the additional action icon . Select Copy to Another Site.
- Check the target site(s). Sites sharing the same vertical and platform as the current site are available for copy.
- Specify if the copied campaign is to be saved as draft or published in the target site.
- Click Copy to Site.