Mobile SDK end-of-life has been announced and scheduled for the end of 2023, in favor of updated and more streamlined app personalization using server-side APIs.
Mobile recommendations let you build experiences in your app that display items from your catalog based on recommendation strategies such as last purchase or popularity. Dynamic Yield gathers data about user behavior, product attributes, and global purchase patterns from events to help you recommend the most relevant products to each visitor.
Creating a Mobile Recommendation
Create the Recommendation Strategy in Dynamic Yield
- Go to App Personalization › Recommendations and click Add New.
- Define the recommendation settings such as algorithm, page type, and filters. Mobile recommendation settings are the same as web recommendation strategy settings. Learn how how to set Recommendation Strategies.
Use APIs to Call and Track the Recommendation Widget
- Go to App Personalization › Recommendations and locate your recommendation.
- Copy the ID of the recommendation. You will need it when creating your API calls.
- Use the sendRecommendationsRequest API to make a recommendation request that returns a JSON containing the results. For details, see the API reference for android or iOS. Use the filter parameter to prevent duplication if you have more than one recommendation on a page.
- Use the onRecommendationResult delegate method to render the recommendation. For details, see the API reference for android or iOS.
- Use the trackRecom API calls to report interactions with your recommendation widgets so you can benefit from Dynamic Yield reports. For details, see the API reference for android or iOS.