Subscription templates are a collection of Dynamic Yield templates designed to help you get users to subscribe to your newsletter, so that you can capture their email addresses and send the information to your ESP. Dynamic Yield validates the email addresses, and displays a message to the user if the address is invalid.
Note that these templates require technical know-how to implement.
Use a subscription template in a campaign
Subscription templates are available for overlay and dynamic content campaigns. You can find them by running a search in the template section.
Use one of the supported templates and configure it as follows:
- In the template, expand the Form Submission section, and edit the following variables:
- Integration URL: Enter the URL that your ESP requires to receive the email address.
- Integration type: Select the request method (GET or POST) required by your ESP to receive the email address.
- Optional: Add more information to send to the ESP.
The template sends the email the visitor enters, as well as any item in the css that includes the class “dy-field” to your ESP. So, if you want to include additional information, add the class "dy-field" in the css to any other items you want to send to your ESP.
- Remove the "Template is incomplete!" warning. This warning appears on the campaign preview, and is designed to prevent you from publishing the campaign before completing this procedure. Remove the template warning code at the top of the HTML tab before publishing.