Templates that are designed to promote user subscription give you a way to capture user email addresses and send the information to your ESP.
Dynamic Yield validates that the input is a valid email address, and gives the user a message if it is not.
To implement this integration do one of the following:
- Use the ESP widget, as it might require server-side calls. The widget code should then be used in Dynamic Yield custom code template to perform personalization.
- Use of the supported templates and configure it as follows:
- In the template, in the variable Integration URL, enter the URL that your ESP requires to receive the email.
- In the template variable Integration type, select the request method (GET or POST) required by your ESP to receive the email.
- The template sends the email the visitor enters, as well as any item in the css that has a class “dy-field” to your ESP. To include additional information, add the class "dy-field" in the css to any other items you want to send to your ESP.
- There is a "Template Warning" designed to prevent you from publishing these campaigns without following this procedure. Remove the template warning code at the top of the HTML tab before publishing.