Split tests or redirect tests are used for comparing different URLs as a variation. For example, when testing a new layout of the homepage – you can redirect half of your users to an alternate design. Later on, you can compare the performance of those who received the original page, and those who were redirected.
- Set the trigger to Page load and the frequency to Once per pageview and click Next.
- Set the targeting as desired and click Next.
- Create a variation for the alternative page that you want to test by clicking New Variation.
- Go the the Dynamic Yield Templates tab and select Redirect.
- Enter the target URL of the variation.
- Save your work and publish the test.