You can create Dynamic Links that redirect users to one or more destination URLs. These links let you track your traffic to the links and utilize the data to create audiences (e.g. users who clicked a promotion). You can also use Dynamic Links to test different variations such as different versions of a category or landing page.
Creating a Dynamic Link
- Go to Acquisition › Dynamic Links and click Add New.
- Enter a name, and add notes and labels (optional).
- In the Advanced Settings, you can append UTM parameters to your dynamic links in order to identify this traffic in your analytics platform. This adds the following tracking parameters to all of the destination URL’s:
- utm_campaign: The Dynamic Link name
- Utm_medium: The string “Smart Link”
- Utm_source: The referring domain of the Dynamic Link
- Set the allocation, primary metric, and advanced experience settings.
- Enter a destination URLs to control where visitors will be sent after clicking the Dynamic Link.
- To add additional destination URLs, click Add Variation.
- If you are using the A/B Test allocation method and more than one destination URL, you can configure how much of your traffic to allocate to each URL using the allocation setting.
- Click Save Experience and then Save and Publish.
- The list page opens, where you can copy the link to use in your site.
Dynamic Links A/B test reports do not have a Probability to Be Best score and winner declarations. Probability to Be Best score appears only if the allocation is dynamic.