API keys give code-level access for Dynamic Yield's APIs:
- Personalization API: to create and manage API based experiences
- Feed: to manage a product feed using APIs
Creating an API Key
Note: To ensure that API Keys are used responsibly, only teammates with the Admin permissions on the site can create and edit API Keys. Teammates with the Editor permissions can view API keys, but cannot create or delete them. Teammates with Viewer permissions will not be able to see the API Keys page at all.
- Go to Settings › API Keys and click New Key.
- Enter a name, and internal notes (optional).
- Choose between a server-side and a client-side key. Each type can only be used with its designated endpoint (see Basic Concepts).
- In the ACL section, select one or more permissions for the key. Different options appear based on your site's vertical or features that were enabled on your site.
- Click Save.
You can now use the "Copy" button at any time to get the key as plain-text. This key should be passed as an HTTP header with any API call you make. For example:
PUT /v2/feeds/dyid/666532575846065165 HTTP/1.1 DY-API-Key: baadc6ba740a352c9106dc7857a7eb9c Content-Type: application/json
Deleting an API key
Deleting an API key is irreversible, and any APIs referring to a deleted key will need to be modified to use a new key.
- Go to Settings › API Keys.
- Hover over the key you want to delete and click the trash button . The key will be deleted within a few minutes.