API keys give code-level access for Dynamic Yield's APIs:
- Personalization API: to create and manage API based experiences
- Unified customer profile API: to access user data
- Feed: to manage a product feed using APIs
The API key must be included in the headers of those calls. You can create a different API key for every application or group of users that will be using these APIs (website, call center, product catalog system, etc.).
Example Call Using API Key
GET /v2/ucp/dyid/666532575846065165 HTTP/1.1 DY-API-Key: baadc6ba740a352c9106dc7857a7eb9c Content-Type: application/json
Creating an API Key
Note: To enable working with API Keys, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Go to Settings › API Keys and click New Key.
- Enter a name, and internal notes (optional).
- Specify whether the API will be used for client or server side calls.
- In the ACL section, select one or more permissions for the key. Different options appear based on your site's vertical or features that were enabled on your site.
- Click Save.
- Copy the API key to use in the header of any required APIs using the copy button .
Deleting an API key
Deleting an API key is irreversible, and any APIs referring to a deleted key will need to be modified to use a new key.
- Go to Settings › API Keys.
- Hover over the key you want to delete and click the trash button . The key will be deleted within a few minutes.