API keys give code-level access for Dynamic Yield's APIs:
- Personalization API: to create and manage API based experiences
- Unified customer profile API: to access user data
- Feed: to manage a product feed using APIs
The API key must be included in the headers of those calls. You can create a different API key for every application or group of users that will be using these APIs (website, call center, product catalog system, etc.).
Example Call Using API Key
GET /v2/ucp/dyid/666532575846065165 HTTP/1.1 DY-API-Key: baadc6ba740a352c9106dc7857a7eb9c Content-Type: application/json
To ensure that API Keys are used responsibly, only teammates with the Admin permissions on the site can create and edit API Keys. Teammates with the Editor permissions can view API keys, but cannot create or delete them. Teammates with Viewer permissions will not be able to see the API Keys page at all. To learn more about teammate permissions, see Managing your Account and Teammates.
Creating an API Key
- Go to Settings › API Keys and click New Key.
- Enter a name, and internal notes (optional).
- Specify whether the API will be used for client or server-side calls.
- In the ACL section, select one or more permissions for the key. Different options appear based on your site's vertical or features that were enabled on your site.
- Click Save.
- Copy the API key to use in the header of any required APIs using the copy button .
Deleting an API key
Deleting an API key is irreversible, and any APIs referring to a deleted key will need to be modified to use a new key.
- Go to Settings › API Keys.
- Hover over the key you want to delete and click the trash button . The key will be deleted within a few minutes.