Welcome to Dynamic Yield! Using Dynamic Yield, you will be able to implement 1 to 1 personalization, segmented behavioral targeting, testing and optimization, product recommendations, and more. If this is your first time using Dynamic Yield, we recommend checking out the Dynamic Yield 101 course on the Academy.
The following items need to be configured before you can get started:
- Add Dynamic Yield scripts inside the <head> tag on every page of your site. It tracks user activity and renders all of the Dynamic Yield campaigns your business users create. Learn more.
- Add ‘Page Context’ snippet inside the <head> tag of your website. This sends information to Dynamic Yield about the page type (homepage, product page, etc.), and includes other page-specific information (product SKU, category, etc). It enables targeting based on page type, serving related recommendations (e.g. products that are similar to currently viewed item), and more. Learn more.
- Implement events (short API calls) to track meaningful user interactions (e.g. purchase, login, add to cart). This will be used later for behavioral targeting, reporting, and more. Learn more.
- Sync your product feed with Dynamic Yield. This file should contain your entire product catalog information (image, URL, price, etc.). This is used for displaying product recommendations, behavioral targeting (e.g. users with an affinity for specific color), and more. Learn more.
- For single page applications: implement "SPA" events. This allows Dynamic Yield to identify the right pages and page navigations when the URL doesn't change. Learn more.
- Modify the DYID cookie to ensure Safari user data is saved. To prevent Safari from automatically deleting each user's data every seven days, configure your application server to duplicate the DYID cookie. Learn more.