This guide provides the basic workflow for implementing Dynamic Yield on your e-commerce website, broken down into a required 4-step process:
- Placing a Script on your site to enable communication with Dynamic Yield.
- Adding page type descriptions called Page Context to each page on your site.
- Configuring required Events to report user behaviors such as purchases and logins.
- Uploading and synchronizing your Product Feed.
- Configuring your application server to serve DYID cookies to support Safari users.
Dynamic Yield script
To enable communication with Dynamic Yield, and let us gather your users’ online activity and render experiences, begin by placing the Dynamic Yield script on each page of your site.
- In the Dynamic Yield admin, go to Settings › General Settings and copy the code.
- Paste the code snippet synchronously, immediately after the opening tag of every page on your site. Common implementation mistakes to avoid:
- Implementing the script within the <BODY>
- Appending to the <HEAD> from the <BODY>
- Inserting Dynamic Yield Scripts using an external script
- Implementing the script using a Tag Manager
- The implementation status dashboard indicates when the script is properly implemented.
Learn more about the Dynamic Yield Script.
For Dynamic Yield to deliver the right experiences and gather accurate behavioral data, place a Page Context variable for every page on your site before the Dynamic Yield script in the tag of your site:
Note: In areas that your site has single page application functionality, you need to report pageviews and their page context using a dedicated API. For details, see Single Page Application Support.