To deliver experiences that depend on PII, such as triggered SMS messages, you must upload a list of phone numbers whose owners opted in to receive such messages.
The Opted-in SMS Numbers feed is a one-column feed of user phone numbers associated with already-identified users. You can now send the user-triggered SMS and can include their data when exporting audiences.
Creating an Opted-in SMS Numbers feed
Each Dynamic Yield site can support one Opted-in SMS Numbers feed.
To create the feed:
- Go to Assets > Data Feeds and click New.
- Select Opted-in SMS Numbers feed.
- Click Get Credentials and write down the S3 bucket details and the credentials. You can only generate new credentials twice. If you need to generate additional credentials, open a support ticket.
- Prepare your CSV file according to the following format:
- File type: CSV
- Encoding: UTF8 encoding
- Filename: data.csv.
- First row: "SMS numbers"
- Rest of the rows: plain text phone numbers, one per row (up to 10 million rows). Each number should consist of the country code, area code, and subscriber number with digits only, in E.164 format.
SMS Numbers 15165551212 498963648018 972503803546
Note: Make sure the phone numbers are valid. If 30% or more of the numbers are invalid, the feed won't sync.
You can also download a sample file at the bottom of this article.
- Upload the CSV file to the following folder in the S3 bucket with the appropriate date information:
For example: upload_2020-03-19_14-00
- Whenever a new file is uploaded, synchronization to Dynamic Yield is initiated within a few minutes.
Managing Opted-in SMS Number feeds
After you create the feed, it appears in the Data Feeds list (Assets › Data Feeds). You can view the sync status, including any errors, and view details about the S3 storage and credentials by clicking Feed Source Details. Each user can generate the credentials only twice, for security reasons (imposed by AWS), so write them down in a secure location. If you've already generated credentials twice, and need to generate them again, contact Support.
Only valid numbers are ingested. Due to privacy restrictions, Dynamic Yield can’t display the contents of the file with the non-ingested numbers. However, we will indicate the number of invalid phone numbers.
- The CSV file can contain up to 10 million phone numbers.