Many times, users set up evaluators that return an unexpected value during their actual runtime but the correct value when using the “debugging evaluators” code from our KB.
How to debug the evaluator's result in realtime?
In order to get to the evaluator’s code on the actual runtime, use the following steps:
- On the site where the relevant section is implemented, open the dev tools and "open file > api_static.js"
- Prettify the code and search for "_Evaluator" or "_Async_Evaluator" (depends if the evaluator's code is async or not)
- Place a breakpoint on the second line inside this function (you can make it a conditional breakpoint by using "e.parameter == <evaluator's_id>") and refresh the page.
- While having the code stopped on that breakpoint on the correct evaluator's id, click on the "step into next function call" twice in a row.
- Now you should be looking at the actual evaluator's code as it runs in real-time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.