Setting up the integration
To set up an integration with your SMS provider:
- In Reconnect, go to the Integrations tab and click Create Channel Integration.
- Select the SMS channel, then select Other.
- Enter information in the integration wizard as described in the next steps.
Step 1: Configure
Name: The integration name is included in your campaigns and their reports.
HTTP Post URL: Your SMS provider's messaging endpoint.
HTTP Header Parameters (Optional): You can insert header parameters in key:value format. Click the lock icon next to the field to encrypt the value. The value displays as masked, and is encrypted before it's saved to our database.
Identifier Type: Select the user identification method required by your SMS provider. The corresponding value is included in the message JSON when you use the User Identifier variable.
For example, if you select Phone Number, and insert the User Identifier variable into your JSON payload in a campaign, it's replaced with the user's phone number, which you provided as part of the identification process.
Step 2: Authenticate
Select the authentication method required by your SMS provider:
No Auth: No authorization is required, so there are no additional parameters to configure.
Basic Auth: Enter a valid username and password as provided by your SMS provider.
OAuth2: Enter a token URL, client ID, and client secret, as provided by your SMS provider.
- You can change the key names of the client ID and secret in the header parameters section of the token information.
- By default, the client secret value is encrypted for security purposes.
When you click Next, the system validates the credentials you provided against the token URL. If they are invalid, an error is displayed.
Step 3: Test
To test your integration, send a test API call to your SMS provider:
Request Headers: Displays the parameters you entered in the previous steps.
- Enter the message body in JSON format, as your SMS provider expects to receive it.
- Click Test. An API call is sent to the SMS provider messaging endpoint you defined earlier.
Request Response: This is the response from your SMS provider's server.
If everything works as expected, click Save. The integration appears in the Integrations tab.