This article applies to implementations using the Dynamic Yield script on a website.
If you have Dynamic Yield implemented on your website, you must install the Dynamic Yield by Mastercard chrome extension. This extension is not required by your end-users, however, it is required for you, as a Dynamic Yield customer, for the following functions on your website:
- Implementation Helper: Browsing your website and debugging the Dynamic Yield script implementation, page context, and events in real time.
- Creating and editing variations with Visual Edit: Pointing and clicking elements to make changes and create test variations or personalized content.
- Selector Picker: Pointing to an area on your page to be replaced by Dynamic Content or Recommendation campaigns.
Installing the extension
- Go to the extension page in the Chrome Web Store:
- Click Add to Chrome.
When the extension is installed, the listed capabilities work on your site as long as you are also logged in to Experience OS on another tab.
Alternative to installing the Chrome extension
If you are unable to install the Chrome extension, you can alternatively unblock third-party cookies from your site, on your browser (necessary as Google has begun blocking third-party cookies):
- Click the Third-party cookies blocked icon in the address bar, and switch the toggle to On.
- Refresh the page. The onsite functionalities will now continue to work for 90 days.
After 90 days, you'll need to repeat this action.
Prior to Google Chrome phasing out third-party cookies, these on-site functionalities worked without installing an extension.