The Frequency setting allows you to control the exposure of the campaign. This is relevant for Overlay, Notification, and Custom Code campaigns.
Frequency Setting Options
- Once per pageview: targeted users will see the campaign on every pageview.
- Once per session: targeted users will see the campaign only once within a visit.
- Once per day/week: targeted users will see the campaign only once within a span of a day/week.
- Once per user: targeted users will see the campaign only once.
How Does it Work?
Frequency is relying on a browser cookie, and the localStorage as a fallback. Meaning, even if cookies are deleted - the frequency will work as expected. If both cookie and localStorage are deleted - the frequency will reset.
- If you enabled the Active Cookie Consent mode, frequency is not enforced at all for users who haven't opted-in users. This is because we do not store any cookie or localStorage data for these users.
- Frequency is limited to 7 days in Safari and Internet Explorer. These browsers do not support 3rd party cookies, and localStorage is limited to 7 days.
- Since frequency is based on browser cookie and localStorage, it is managed per user and device. Meaning, if the frequency is "once per user", and the user is visiting the website with 2 devices, they will see the campaign twice.