You can preview campaigns and variations of your site personalization experiences as if they were published on your site. You can preview any saved campaign, whether or not it is currently active. There are two ways of previewing that help you test and view all aspects of your campaigns.
- Previewing Campaigns: When previewing an entire campaign, you are served the campaign on the site you specify, as if you were a normal user. Experiences are only served if the conditions are met (targeting, trigger, frequency, etc.). However, you can also modify the view to force a specific variation to display while in the campaign preview mode. This mode is designed to help you test the conditions of your campaign and make sure they are functioning as expected.
- Previewing Variations: When previewing an individual variation, you are served the variation on the site you specify regardless of the conditions (i.e. even if you do not match the targeting conditions). This mode is designed as a tool when creating variations to verify their look and feel on your site.
- To preview a campaign on your site, go to Site Personalization, hover over any campaign and click the Preview icon .
- If you want to preview the campaign later, or share the preview with a colleague, click Email Preview URLs. The URLs that are generated are valid for 45 days.
- Specify the URL where you want to view the campaign, and click Preview.
A new tab will open in preview mode. The experience will only be served if you currently match the conditions (targeting, triggers, frequency, etc.).
If you do not match the campaign's conditions, you will see a message that may contain details about why the experience wasn't served (e.g. selector not found, waiting for trigger).
- If you want to view a specific variation regardless of the campaign's conditions (like in Variation preview mode), click the drop-down next to the Variation specified in the preview mode box and select any variation. Note that switching between experiences and variations is only allowed when you are logged in to Dynamic Yield.
- Preview mode will remain active until you click the "Exit Preview Mode" or close the tab.
When creating or editing a variation, you can use the Preview On Site button or the Preview icon to see how the variation will look in on your site. You can preview variations in any state, even if the variation is not yet saved.
A new tab will open in preview mode. The variation will be visible whether or not you match the targeting conditions of the experiences. However, the campaign's trigger conditions (e.g. overlay that is triggered after 30 seconds on a page) must be met for the variation to display. If you do not match these conditions, you will see a message explaining why the variation wasn't served.