Goals are significant user interactions that you can use as primary metrics to determine the success of your experiences. Goals are managed in the the Assets › Goals menu.
There are several types of goals, determined by how they are triggered:
- Event: Triggering a specific event (say, completing a purchase).
- Click on Unit: Clicking a specific unit (say, clicking a Learn More button).
- Page Visit: Visiting a page or multiple pages based on a URL pattern (say, visiting the Shipping Policy page).
This is the monetary value of each conversion. It's used if you want to optimize the revenue from interactions as the primary metric of an experience. You can use:
- A fixed value per conversion.
- No value ($0) per conversion.
- If the goal is based on an event, you can also choose to take the value from the event "value" attribute (for example, if it's based on purchases, each purchase event has a different value).
When creating an event goal, the dropdown list includes only events that have already been fired at least once. To use a recently-created event, you can manually enter the name of the event as taken from the event’s Name property.