Goals are significant user interactions that you can use as primary metrics to determine the success of your experiences. Goals are managed in the the Assets › Goals menu.
There are different types of goals depending on how they are triggered:
- Event: Triggering a specific event (e.g. completing purchase)
- Click on Unit: Clicking a specific unit (e.g. clicking the learn more button)
- Page Visit: Visiting a page or multiple pages based on URL pattern (e.g. visited the “shipping policy” page)
Determines the value of each conversion. This is used if you want to optimize the revenue of interaction as the primary metric of an experience. You can use:
- A fixed value per conversion
- No value (i.e. $0) per conversion
- If the goal is based on an event, you can also choose to take the value from the event "value" attribute (e.g. if it's based on purchases, each purchase event has a different value).
When creating an Event goal, the drop-down list only includes events that have already been fired at least once. To use a recently created event, you can manually enter the name of the event as taken from the event’s ‘name’ property.