Each Dynamic Yield account has one or more entities called sections. Each section is designed to support a different domain or app (one section per domain) and comprises a discrete set of Dynamic Yield elements and settings.
Creating a new section
- Click the dropdown arrow on your section name at the top of the screen and then click Create.
- Enter a name for your section.
- For websites, enter the URL. For mobile apps, select the operating system.
- In the Localization section, select the currency to use in all Dynamic Yield revenue-based reports.
- See the Multi-Language Support article for the full list of supported currencies.
- Dynamic Yield uses the exchange rate provided by the external service currencylayer to convert reported revenue into the selected currency. The exchange rate is updated once a day at 4 AM (UTC). If you require real-time conversion, you must do the conversion on your end and fire events using the site’s default currency.
- Click Save. You are returned to the General Settings page.
Editing an existing section
- Go to Settings › General Settings and click the edit icon next to your section's name.
- Edit as needed, and then click Update to save your changes.
For example, to change the section currency:
In edit mode, go to the Localization area, select a currency from the dropdown, and then click Update.
Deleting an existing section
Note: Deleting sections is permanent, and you will lose all data associated with the section. We strongly recommend that before you delete a section, you verify that there is no data on your section that you want to keep.
Also, if your company cancels its Dynamic Yield account, all your data will be erased.
- Go to a different section in your account (not the one you want to delete).
- Click the dropdown arrow on your section name at the top-left of the screen and click Manage .
- Click the Delete icon next to the section you want to delete.
The section view
- Click the dropdown arrow on your section name at the top left of the screen and click
Your section list appears.
- Use the Columns dropdown to show/hide columns in this view.