Each Dynamic Yield account has one or more entities called Sites. Each site is designed to support a different domain or app, and comprises a discrete set of Dynamic Yield elements and settings. By default, you can create either e-commerce or media sites depending on your account type. Upon request, one account can contain both types of sites. For details, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Creating a new site
- Click the dropdown arrow on your site name at the top of the screen and click Create.
- Choose a name for your site
- Select the type of platform: Website, Mobile, or API. Note that the Website platform type includes mobile web, and that you can run APIs on a Website platform (we recommend that you use this platform). Talk to your account manager to determine the best platform for your needs.
- For websites, enter the URL. For mobile, select the operating system.
- If you are implementing Dynamic Yield through an e-commerce platform plugin, select the appropriate platform choice.
- In the Localization section, select the currency to use in all Dynamic Yield revenue-based reports.
- See the Multi-Language Support article for the full list of supported currencies.
- Dynamic Yield uses the exchange rate provided by the external service currencylayer to convert reported revenue into the selected currency. The exchange rate is updated once a day at 4 am (UTC). If you require real-time conversion, you must do the conversion on your end and fire events using the site’s default currency.
- Click Save. You are returned to the General Settings page.
Editing an existing site
- Go to Settings › General Settings and click the edit icon next to your site’s name.
- Edit as needed, and then click Update to save your changes.
For example, to change the site's currency:
In edit mode, go to the Localization area, select a currency from the dropdown, and then click Update.
Deleting an existing site
Note: Deleting sites is permanent, and you will lose all data associated with the site. We strongly recommend that before you delete a site, you verify that there is no data on your site that you want to keep.
Also, if your company cancels its Dynamic Yield account, all your data will be erased.
- Go to a different site in your account (not the one you want to delete).
- Click the dropdown arrow on your site name at the top-left of the screen and click Manage .
- Click the Delete icon next to the site you want to delete.
- Click the dropdown arrow on your site name at the top left of the screen and click Manage .
- Click the Edit Column icon to add additional information to your site’s table.