Data Feeds are files that you sync with Dynamic Yield containing different types of information. Every site requires either a Product Feed or a Content Feed, depending on the type of site. However, you can also use data feeds to create variations, and synchronize data about your users to Dynamic Yield.
Use the following articles to create and synchronize a data feed:
- Product Feed: Your product catalog (all your products, with product metadata). It powers affinity-based personalization, product recommendations, social proof messaging, and more.
- Content Feed: Your content catalog (all your articles, with article metadata). It powers content recommendations, behavioral targeting based on article properties, and more.
- Anonymous and Identified Offline Purchases: A feed containing a list of purchases made by identified or anonymous users offline. You can use this data to enrich recommendations and targeting.
- User Data Feed: A feed containing your organization’s first-party user data. It enables you to create audiences based on the user data that can be used to target experiences such as recommendations.
- Use Email Data Feed: A feed containing plain text user emails used to enable triggered emails and audience export.
- Variation Feed: A feed used to create and edit experiences with multiple variations. This can be helpful if you have an experience with many variations that needs to be frequently updated. For example, a homepage banner with 10 different creatives that are updated daily.