The latest product news and updates from Dynamic Yield.
September 11, 2022
Product Finder template
Offer the most relevant products based on user preferences using a completely customizable finder widget, leveraging Dynamic Yield algorithm-powered recommendation abilities.
- Every A/B test report now includes an out-of-the-box widget with the leading variation for each of your primary audiences.
- Recommendation fallbacks are now designed to always return relevant contextual, personal, or diverse results, rather than consistently falling back to the popular items.
August 14, 2022
Real-time filters based on a custom attribute for API campaigns
Create real-time filters with custom attributes in the Dynamic Yield console for your Experience API campaigns. You no longer have to rely on developer resources, in terms of availability and the extra workflow, to filter product recommendation results in real time, based on user or site-contextual data.
- You can now use External as the Identifier type in Responsys triggered email integration. Identify users using any string that Responsys can map to an email address, such as an e-commerce app ID.
- You can now add custom parameters to the header or body of the call when using a custom ESP integration for triggered emails with OAuth 2.0 authentication.
July 31, 2022
User Profile API
Now in early access, the User Profile API is a server-side API that returns a user’s affinity profile, which you can use to enhance personalization at any digital or physical touchpoint.
July 17, 2022
Experience Email metadata in the Daily Activity Stream
You can now easily connect engagement events with Experience Email Blocks to the Experience Email campaign they are part of, with two new fields: parentCampaignId and parentCampaignName.
July 3, 2022
Introducing a new way to personalize content by affinity
Affinity allocation is here for Experience Email! Serve the most relevant creative based on the user affinity profile – no need to create an affinity-based audience. To target by affinity, in essence, you just tag your variations with an attribute from your Product feed, and then we automatically serve content that matches the user's preferences.
- Bring Your Own Logic: You can now onboard your unique business logic into Dynamic Yield, and still use all the Dynamic Yield recommendation capabilities.
- Primary audiences help you adopt a long-term strategic approach to your personalization program. You can identify your most important audiences, and then easily target them and personalize for them, and analyze site performance in terms of these focused audiences.
- Dynamic Yield has adopted the IAB/ABC International Spiders and Bots List so we can filter out standardized bots that might skew your test results and analytics.
June 26, 2022
Listing product properties for the Product Performance API
You can now specify the product properties that you want to receive from the Product Performance API (formerly known as the Product Data API). In addition to returning views and purchases of products to use for social proof, badging, and enhancing product recommendations, you can define up to 15 product properties to receive in your API calls.
We have also enhanced the API’s stability and performance, to ensure you get exactly the information you need, as quickly as possible.
June 12, 2022
Exclude items currently in cart
This new filter enables you to remove from your recommendations products that the user already has in their cart, thus directing their focus to additional items of interest.
- You can now change the User Data API schema that you use to update user data in the Dynamic Yield console.
- New dashboard alerts flag active API recommendation campaigns that aren’t reporting any clicks. This ensures that customers are aware of the business impact of any issues in reporting clicks from their side.
- If you sync your product feed via API, you can now view a log of your responses, so you can easily troubleshoot any issues.
May 1, 2022
New dashboard panel for Experience Email
New panel in the dashboard details revenue, clicks, and impressions for Experience Email.
April 10, 2022
1-to-1 personalization in Experience Email using the ESP variable
You can now use user data (from your ESP) within the promotions you create in Experience Email. This means each user sees a designed banner with their name, loyalty score, or any other data you have available, for a truly 1-to-1 personalized experience – created at open time.
- Localized filter for web and API recommendations: Multi-language product feed users can now also create site personalization and API recommendation rules with filters for the visitor's locale. For example, for a discounted items strategy, you can serve only those items discounted in the user’s location.
March 20, 2022
Localized Content in API campaigns
Serving variations in the relevant language to the user's locale is now supported for all API campaigns, similar to what has been supported until now only for site personalization campaigns.
March 13, 2022
Self-service API campaign setup
You can now group your API campaigns together into a group with a selector name in the Dynamic Yield console. This means that your developers can use the group name to get an up-to-date list of all the campaigns in the group in the response to an API call, and never have to worry about changes made to individual campaign selector names. This reduces the time and effort required to get the information needed to call the required campaigns, and your work managing and adding campaigns isn’t affected.
- WEBP images preview: If you are using WEBP image formats, you can now preview them in your Dynamic Yield console.
March 6, 2022
The Audience Manager received a facelift, and now aligns with other list screens, such as Strategies or Site Personalization. The new layout allows for easy filtering by label and type, in addition to all actions already available today. The updated layout also provides easy access to building Campaign Traffic audiences.
February 27, 2022
New in DY Labs
DY Labs is a library of tools that can complement the Dynamic Yield offering. These tools haven’t been subjected to the same level of reliability, scalability, and security measures as other Dynamic Yield products, and are not officially supported. The 2 new additions to DY Labs are:
- Executive A/B Test Program Analysis – Excel Template
Download the Excel file and use it as a template that provides a visual layer to the A/B Test History CSV file that you can download from the Dynamic Yield console. The template helps you gain new insights into your A/B testing program, and more easily share its success and health within your organization.
- User Data Schema Creator: You can now create or modify your own JSON schema for syncing and updating your User Data feed in the Dynamic Yield console, without any need to write or edit code.
- Beginning February 28, we are adopting a new path format for the Daily Activity Stream S3 bucket. You will need to make changes in your ETLs before April 14 to continue to have access to the Daily Activity Stream.
January 30, 2022
Campaign Traffic audiences
We are introducing a new, innovative way to capture data about incoming traffic. The new Campaign Traffic type of audience is built using a Dynamic Yield Audience parameter (DYA) that unique to the audience, making it easier to capture unknown visitors coming from offsite campaigns and add them to the right audience. This enables personalization from the very first pageview and ensures that the site experience is consistent with the ad that pulled the user in.
- We are sunsetting the Acquisition module (for landing pages, smart links, and display ads).
January 16, 2022
Experience Email: Personalize every pixel within the email
Use the new Dynamic Content block to personalize content at open time.
Added to our current recommendations capabilities in Experience Email is the Dynamic Content block, adding personalization to every element, including banners, promotions, messages, and more.
- Use the audiences you already have in Dynamic Yield
- Get a ready-to-paste code snippet for any ESP (including multiple)
- Serve side-by-side recommendations and dynamic content
- Send a test email within the Dynamic Yield platform
- See how any user will see your emails with the preview tool
- Set a 7-day attribution, just like in your ESP
We’ve also added 10 new out-of-the-box templates, to inspire you and help you meet even more goals with your email campaigns.
- Dynamic, real-time rules can now be used in recommendations strategies without the need to use APIs. Serve website visitors the most relevant product recommendations based on information from their current visit: Offer products that take the user above the free shipping threshold, build gift finder strategies, and more.
December 5, 2021
Experience Email: New parameter version added to ESP integration
Instead of setting the parameter in each link, you can now set the version parameter for your ESP integration once, and apply it to all future emails.
November 7, 2021
Auto-Detect page context in single-page applications using the page title
You can now define page attributes for context in either the page URL or title.
- To accommodate increasing user privacy concerns, we now ensure that cookies are never stored for longer than 365 days.
October 24, 2021
Target Experience Email Recommendations Based On User Activity
Re-engage users with products they have recently viewed or purchased with the Recently Viewed, Recently Purchased, and Last Purchase algorithms.
October 10, 2021
If you use our EU data center, you can now personalize recommendations using the Collaborative Filtering algorithm.
September 13, 2021
Integrate All Your ESPs with Experience Email
If you send transactional emails through one ESP, and your newsletter in another, the code snippet for your Experience Email includes multiple versions – one for each platform.
August 29, 2021
Experience Email Support for Any ESP Integration
If you do not have native ESP integration implemented, you can noweasily define an integration with your ESP once , and then it automatically applies to all your future emails.
- Experience API errors are now surfaced on your dashboard, so you won't miss a thing. Alerts include expanded information to help you resolve issues as fast as possible
- Client-side APIs now return recently viewed and recently purchased counts for identified end users across all devices used, not only per device.
- You can now export audiences with users identified by any identifier, not only email, to later ingest and target them in other platforms (Facebook, Google, ESPs, and so on).
- Our out-of-the-box Google Analytics integration now supports Google Analytics 4.
August 15, 2021
Use Experience Email within an existing ESP template
You can now choose to use Experience Email to build an entire email template in Dynamic Yield, or build an Experience Block to add into an existing email template you already have in your ESP. For example, enrich your “shipping confirmation” email template (managed by your ESP) with product recommendations for related products.
- Experience Email is now available to all customers using the Dynamic Yield Email Personalization package.
- Filters for multi-language feeds in email recommendations are now available for product feeds that are synced with API.
- Client-side APIs now return recently viewed and recently purchased counts for identified users across all devices used, not only per device.
- Microsoft is retiring Internet Explorer 11, and so Dynamic Yield no longer supports this browser.
August 1, 2021
Experience Email: Picks up where the ESP left off
Experience Email enables you to transform static emails into individualized, real-time, predictive emails using an intuitive visual editor. Use the drag-and-drop builder to create emails in just minutes. No coding or design skills required. And no need to worry about different widgets recommending the same products – we automatically prevent that from happening.
- The Daily Activity Stream (raw data export) now includes additional data points that enable deeper analysis of your campaigns:
- Recommendations data: the SKU that was recommended and clicked, including the strategy that was served.
- Touchpoint data for multi-touch campaigns.
July 25, 2021
Experience API Logs Improvements
Enhancement to Experience API logs include:
- If the JSON response is long, you can see the Indication that it was trimmed due to size. You can always contact support if you need the complete log contents.
- You can now filter according to event type.
- Indication of the number of campaigns and events in each row.
July 11, 2021
Swipe-Right Recommendation Template
New out-of-the-box template serves recommendations with a fresh design. Visitors swipe right on what they like!
- Multi-language product feed users can now create email recommendation rules with filters for the visitor's locale. For example, for a discounted items strategy, you can serve only those items discounted in the user’s location.
- Daily Activity Stream is now supported for mobile apps.
- If you make changes to the context using Auto-Detect Rules, a new indicator lets you see when the changes are live on your site.
- To avoid updating faulty data to User Data feeds, feeds with more than 30% errors are not synced at all.
June 13, 2021
Export Campaign Raw Data with the Daily Activity Stream
You can now export raw data of impressions and clicks of Dynamic Yield campaigns. This allows you to ingest this data into your BI platform, and build advanced reports that are custom to your business.
Serve Dynamic Yield Cookies as First-Party Cookies to Comply with ITP Restrictions
This early-access allows you to serve Dynamic Yield cookies from your domain with a simple DNS setup. Once set up, Safari and Firefox users will not have their cookies expired after 7 days.
- Faster filtering results in API Logs screen.
- Introducing the AdaptML® branding for our Deep Learning algorithm.
June 6, 2021
New Out of the Box Recommendation Template: Recommendations as Stories
Use the well-known UX pattern of stories to recommend products. This is ideal in homepages, for a more immersive and engaging product discovery experience.
- Easily localize the price format (currency symbol as well as the thousands and decimal separators) in all of the Dynamic Yield recommendation templates using variables.
- You can now use any of the 23 new, beautiful fonts in email recommendations and dynamic content
May 23, 2021
Self-Service CRM Monitoring
You can now see the sync status of User Data feeds (also known as "CRM Feed"). Moreover, new alerts will appear in the dashboard if issues arise, and a simple error log will allow you to fix issues in a timely manner.
- Check out our new out-of-the-box Multi-Strategy Recommendations notification template, to serve recommendations in the style of the mobile streaming apps.
- ES6 syntax is now supported in variations, evaluators, and Custom Analytics integration code. String interpolation, Arrow Functions, and Spread Operators are just a few of the cool new ES6 capabilities that you can now use to make coding a breeze.
May 9, 2021
Codeless Context Implementation (Early Access)
You can now set up page context without implementing any code. You can set the definition to identify the page type and its attributes straight from the Dynamic Yield console.
You can now exclude specific products from your email recommendation campaigns by adding an attribute to your embed code.
April 25, 2021
Preview Your Email Campaigns
A new tool to QA your email campaigns. Paste the embed code of the email recommendations or dynamic content campaigns, and enter user email or locale, and see how the campaign will look to your subscribers.
A new Dynamic Yield recommendation template called "Animated Recommendations" allows you to present recommendations in a new, innovative, and eye-catching way.
April 11, 2021
Enhancement to Campaigns Multilingual Support
You can now manage variation translations at the language level, regardless of the country.
For example, let's say you have German and French sites that include an English version (en_DE, en_FR). From now on you only need to translate the variations to English once, instead of twice.
Additionally, this enables this feature for the following "lng" context implementations:
- Only language, without a country code. Example: EN
- Less traditional language and country combinations. Example: fr_IT
- language codes and non-country combinations. Example: es_EU
We are sunsetting the following capabilities:
- Unit CTR as a primary metric
- Variable value in Page Visit & Unit based goals
- Automatically creating a unit from your site's code
- Bronto integration for Triggered Emails
April 4, 2021
- LiveRamp Integration: You can now use your LiveRamp data to personalize experiences. It means you can already serve tailored experiences to anonymous users.
- A new dashboard box will show you how you can make the most with Dynamic Yield, with additional features you might not be using (e.g. Email Personalization, Deep Learning recommendations).
March 29, 2021
- Previewing campaigns and Draft Mode are now available for API campaigns. It means that you can create campaigns and run a full QA cycle, before launching it to your visitors.
- Emarsys integration: Leverage DY's trigger engine to send emails with your Emarsys account.
February 17, 2021
If you run API campaigns, you are now able to:
- Trigger mobile app push notification with the Experience APIs
- Exclude IPs from all reports
- Serve landing pages from your own domain
February 14, 2021
- If you create email recommendations and you have many product feed columns - it is now easier to find the column you'd like to create a filter for. How? The column picker has a new search capability.
- You can now disable the Social Proof client-side API (that retrieves the number of views and purchases of products) if you do not use it. This is an additional security layer on this data, added to the data obfuscation that was released last year.
January 31, 2021
- The Activity Log now shows the exact changes you made for each variation - including the changes to variable values.
- When you create a trigger email - you will now see only templates that are relevant for your trigger type.
- The following triggered email integrations have successfully passed early access testing and are now available to all customers:
January 10, 2021
Managing Campaigns in Multilingual Sites is Easier than Ever with Localized Campaigns
Creating individual experiences for each translation is now a thing of the past. Save time and reduce human error by using a single variation to localize content per site language.
You can provide a translation for any variable, and the localized value will be served based on the page language.
- You can now replace existing templates when copying between sites. This means that all variations connected to the template are automatically updated with the new version.
- You can now copy recommendation strategies between sites.
- You can now see the metrics that matter the most to your business at the top of your Dashboard and Audience Explorer.
- To prevent misuse, your API keys can now only be created and edited by admin users.
December 20, 2020
Send Automated Price Drop Emails (Early Access)
Price drop triggered emails let you notify users that a product they engaged with (but did not buy) is now available at a lower price.
- Troubleshooting Experience APIs just got easier with the ability to filter the Experience API log by response speed.
December 6, 2020
- You can now add custom fields such as widget titles to your Experience API recommendations campaigns.
- Recommendations for email now support user identification based on external identifiers to align with your company’s policies.
- Create dynamic recommendation filters in your Experience API campaigns using real-time filters. Use it to create a “gift finder” or recommending products that pass the “free shipping” threshold.
- SPA calls are getting faster this month with another performance improvement.
- The strategies list has been redesigned, with the ability to filter the list by page type or algorithm.
November 1, 2020
- You can now reduce the size of the responses of your Experience API recommendations if you only need the SKUs.
- The data from visitors who are opted-out using any method of data privacy management is not sent to Google Analytics through our integration. There is also a new API that allows you to prevent their data from being sent through any Custom Integrations.
October 27, 2020
Take your zenloop surveys to the next level by using Dynamic Yield to personalize and test them with our new template.
October 11, 2020
Improve Security with Single Sign-On
Introducing an enterprise-grade security enhancement: Single-Sign On integration through SAML 2.0 or OIDC (which are supported by all major identity providers like Okta and Active Directory). Your Security team will love it, as it gives them full control of the authentication policy and you will have one less password to remember.
- Active Cookie Consent is now fully supported in sites of type API.
- Customers who use SAP Hybris as their eCommerce platform can now seamlessly implement Dynamic Yield using a dedicated extension to speed up the process (Early Access).
- The Activity Log keeps getting better with the ability to view details about changes to the campaign and experience status.
- Provide more personalized recommendations, as they are now based on user engagement across all devices for identified users (gradual rollout).
- We added support for the following currencies to be used as both your main currency and as secondary currencies in events such as purchase or add to cart: AOA (Kz), MXN ($), MZN (MT), ARS ($), BYR (BYR), LKR (Rs), PEN (S/.), UAH (₴), UYU ($U).
September 29, 2020
A New Way to Manage User Data Privacy Preferences
Active Cookie Consent is a new way to manage user data privacy preferences that restricts user data unless users actively consent.
- You can sync your Product Feed via API (early access). It gives you the flexibility to update the entire feed whenever you want or make quick changes to specific product properties without syncing the entire feed (e.g. updating the price of a specific SKU).
- You can finally track code changes in your variations with a new addition to the Activity Log that shows a before/after view of every change.
- Create Units easier than ever with a completely new user interface.
September 13, 2020
- Enabling triggered emails is now self-service for mobile app SDK customers who have a Sendgrid account.
- If you have a Gravatar account, you can use your Gravatar image as your avatar in the Manage Teammates screen.
- We added contextual help to the Goals form to help you better understand how to create Goals.
- You can now access the Activity Log for each campaign directly from each campaign’s report.
- Support for Japanese characters in events sent via our Google Analytics Integration will be rolled out to customers this week.
August 30, 2020
- You can now view which attributes are used to calculate affinity, and which product attributes are available for targeting in the Product Feed.
- Check out the new PLP Dashboard to get an overview of the uplift to views and revenue on your product listing pages.
- Upload an avatar in the my account screen to make yourself more recognizable in the manage teammates screen.
- Create goals faster and easier than ever with a completely new user interface.
- Selecting the location of Dynamic Content and Recommendations on your site is now more intuitive.
August 16, 2020
- Dynamic Yield is always trying to improve our effect on page load performance. This month’s improvement of 4% brings the total to 40% over the past four months!
- If your site is affected by flickering, speak to your Customer Success Manager to enable a new option to help make flickers a thing of the past.
- With Safari's ITP policy, customers were required to make changes to ensure user tracking worked properly. This solution is now also available for customers who implemented Dynamic Yield through a CMS platform like Shopify and WooCommerce. Speak to your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
- Copy campaigns faster than ever with a new option to copy to all sites with one click.
- You can now use a 1 day attribution window in recommendation reports and experience settings.
August 2, 2020
Manage Users at Scale, with Role-Based Permissions
Managing user permissions for each user can be time consuming. With this enterprise-grade capability, you can assign a group of users into a role, and manage their permissions at once by changing the permissions of the role. Learn more
- Until now, the activity log showed which entity (campaign, evaluator, etc.) was changed, when, and by whom. From now on, you can see more information about what was changed - if it was the targeting, trigger, variation code, etc.
- Templates tend to pile up with time. You can now archive templates that are no longer relevant, cleaning the clutter from the template list, ensuring they are no longer being used in campaigns.
- You can now view which campaigns are linked to any given template. You can even unlink all experiences with the click of a button.
- You can now create variations of your Experience API campaigns automatically using a variation feed. Targeting based on visitors location and weather is now also supported for Experience API campaigns.
July 19, 2020
- The Experience API logs now include the responses of all API calls. They also include the Product Listing Page API calls, so you can monitor and debug those as well.
- The Activity Log now includes details about what was changed, for many of the common changes (e.g. variation code, frequency, trigger, targeting). You can also filter the log by action (create, edit, delete, etc.).
- Check out the new template list page enhancements to help you save time: filtering templates by type and/or label, copy a template to multiple sites at once, and deleting a template that is linked to variations by unlinking it right in the templates screen.
- The new recommendation report for mobile app now shows a breakdown of widget performance.
- You can now target multi-touch campaigns using a custom evaluator.
July 6, 2020
Personalized Product Listing Pages (Early Access)
PLPs (AKA category pages) are an integral part of the conversion funnel in eCommerce sites. Now you can use Dynamic Yield to display products in your PLPs in an order that is optimized for each visitor. The order is based on a deep-learning algorithm, that prioritizes products the visitor is more likely to purchase. Learn more about Personalized Product Listing Pages
- The new recommendation report is now available to all customers.
June 21, 2020
- You can now copy recommendation campaigns across sites, just like you can do with other campaign types.
- See the overall performance of your triggered email campaigns in a new dashboard section. It includes the total number of emails sent, clicks, revenue, and more.
- Filter mobile recommendations using realtime data, plus additional enhancements in the new mobile SDK.
- Send triggered emails via Salesforce Marketing Cloud using this new guide.
- All platform user management screens (e.g. My Account) have been redesigned.
May 31, 2020
Dynamic Yield’s Experience API is now live. You can now leverage Dynamic Yield capabilities (behavioral targeting, recommendations, and testing) with server-side API based campaigns. With these campaigns, the page is not manipulated after it is rendered. Instead, the Dynamic Yield decision engine is integrated tightly with your technology stack, improving your overall page performance. These campaigns can run in parallel to standard client-side campaigns (e.g. Overlay, Dynamic Content).
This release also includes a new type of API key, and a log for all server-side API calls for debugging purposes. Learn more about it in dy.dev ›
The new recommendation overview report gives a much-needed birds-eye-view of all recommendation campaigns, with tons of new data points: Direct revenue impact (as % of total revenue) and direct purchases over-time, flexible attribution window, page type breakdown, and recommendations metrics at the campaign level. The new report will be gradually rolled out in the next 2 months.
- The "My Account" screen was revamped with an updated design, bug fixes, and security improvements.
May 10th, 2020
You can finally serve recommendations in Multi-touch campaigns without complex workarounds, simply by choosing “Recommendations” in the touchpoint type.
- Enabling triggered emails is now self-service for customers who have a Sendgrid account.
- You can now use one ESP for triggered emails and another for dynamic content and email recommendations.
April 26th, 2020
Dynamic Yield has rolled out a solution you can implement to resolve complications arising from Safari’s new ITP policy.
April 12th, 2020
You can now view a log of edits to any campaign by clicking the "Activity" button, from the "Site Personalization" list of campaigns, or straight from the campaign settings page.
March 29th, 2020
- A recommendations API allows you to create dynamic real-time filters. Use it to create a “gift finder” or recommend products that pass the “free shipping” threshold.
- You can filter the Activity Log by date and user, making investigations much easier.
- Onboarding user emails (used for Triggered Emails and Audience Export) is now fully self-service.
- You can now exclude products that the user recently purchased offline from recommendation widgets.
- A new academy course on Behavioral Targeting will help you leverage your users’ data to deliver personalized experiences.
- The Dynamic Yield Community is now available for European customers. Additionally, it has a new “Feature Request” category, where you can suggest and upvote feature ideas.
March 1, 2020
- Check out the new Activity log to see who changed which campaigns, audiences, and other assets were changed in your account.
- You can now see who else is currently editing the same campaign you do, so you don’t override each others work.
February 16, 2020
Target Dynamic Yield Audiences Anywhere
You can now run a daily export of visitor emails of any audiences created in Dynamic Yield. This can later be used by other marketing platforms (e.g. email service platform, facebook) for targeted offsite campaigns.
- Monitor and view logs of the onboarding of user email addresses (used for triggered emails and audience export).
- Gain better visibility in your campaigns with more accurate update tracking. When a template is edited, the last modified date and modifier of any campaigns using the template are updated as well.
February 2, 2020
- Preview Mode now lets you know if the reason you can’t see a Dynamic Content or a Recommendation Widget is because it's not targeted to the current URL, making it even easier to debug “what am I not seeing it” issues.
- Are you a developer that’s new to Dynamic Yield? Visit the academy to learn the basics of the Dynamic Yield platform: templates, evaluators and events.
- Dynamic Yield Partners can now use the Affinity Demo Tool to demonstrate how visitor behavior affects the affinity profile.
- You can now easily see if the report you’re looking at belongs to a draft, paused or archived campaign - straight from the report.
- The confirmation message when deleting a campaign now contains the campaign name, so you don’t have to double check it.
January 19, 2020
Visual Template Selection in Email Recommendations
You will now see large thumbnails when choosing a template in email recommendations. In addition, real-time preview will update as you change variable values, so you won’t design blindfolded.
- Want to know if an item is recommended based on your strategy algorithm or if it is a fallback? We’ve updated the Return Recommendation Widget Data API to include this information.
- You can now improve the image quality of your email recommendations independently, without help from your Customer Success Manager.
January 5, 2020
Enhanced Viewer Permissions
Users with "viewer" roles can now see settings of feeds, integration, and most of the General Settings screen. They can still not make any changes.
December 8, 2019
Target Users Based on In-Store Purchases
You can now leverage information about offline purchases to enhance targeting and recommendations for identified users. Purchases data will enable new algorithms of that allow dynamic yield to recommend products bought together on or offline. If you include the user's identify in the purchase data, you can use a dedicated targeting condition to create audiences based on offline interactions. For example: users that purchase products from a specific categories offline.
- Download the new A/B Test History Report to get an overview of your A/B tests at a glance.
- Take a deep dive into the Dynamic Yield Academy, which is now available for customers using our EU data center.
- You can now create advanced filter rules straight from the email recommendations widget creation form.
November 6, 2019
- New "Inspiration" section in the Dashboard to spark your imagination with successful personalization use cases from other Dynamic Yield users.
- Preconnect tags were added to the Dynamic Yield script's get code. These tags decrease loading time by allowing your browser to setup early connections before an HTTP request is actually sent to the server, thus eliminates roundtrip latency.
- You can now see indication if a campaign is archived in editing mode and in the campaign reports.
November 3, 2019
- You can now copy evaluators to other sites in your account, and view a list of campaigns using each evaluator.
- We did it for Site Personalization, and now we've done it for App Personalization: All of the app personalization campaigns are now managed in one window so you can search, filter, view and more!
- Implement Dynamic Yield in an SFRA (Salesforce’s Storefront Reference Architecture) website with a new Salesforce Commerce Cloud cartridge.
- You can now edit all out-of-the-box audiences that are included when you install Dynamic Yield.
October 7, 2019
Enhanced QA and Preview Mode
Preview and QA are critical steps for checking new experiences on your site before they are published. We completely rebuilt these workflows to make them simpler, more intuitive, and 100% reliable. There is no more need for URL parameters and other technical workarounds! We also made the following enhancements:
- You can now preview variations on site while creating or editing variations so you can work much faster.
- When previewing a campaign, you can now "force" any variation to appear directly in the preview mode.
- If a campaign does not appear in preview mode you will be shown exactly why when the cause is due to frequency limit, a missing trigger condition, or the targeting conditions.
You can enhance the quality of images in email recommendations for high resolution screens, and adjust the quality responsively. This feature is available upon request from your Customer Success Manager.
There is a New Mobile SDK that includes support for push notifications in iOS 13, Russian language push notification buttons, and more
September 15, 2019
Customize Item List Layout
Item List campaigns allows you to serve multiple variations, in the best order. You can now customize the layout of the variations to be vertical, horizontal, or custom. You can also add CSS at the campaign level that will apply to all variations, add titles, and more.
- Dynamic Allocation recalculates allocations more than 5 times faster! (every 45 minutes vs. 4 hours in the past)
- No more resetting A/B tests by mistake. When updating a template we will no longer create a new test version.
August 4, 2019
Sync Your Feed Securely
Product feeds can now be synced from an S3 bucket using SFTP and not just from a public link. This is important if you have sensitive information in your product catalog.
Export Dynamic Yield User Activity Data to your BI Platform
You can perform a daily export of user interactions such as pageviews and events and import the file to your BI platform.
- Made changes to a template and want to rollback? You can now download a log of all changes that were made to your templates.
- Users with viewer permission can now see the setup of recommendations strategy (don't worry, they can't make any changes).
- You can now define how URL based audience and targeting conditions are evaluated - based on the URL on the browser, or a page URL defined in your <head> tag.
July 7, 2019
Partner User Management Enhancements
Managing multiple Dynamic Yield accounts just got much easier for our partners. Partners can create users that have permissions across all of your Dynamic Yield accounts in one user interface.
- We rebuilt our Knowledge Base site from the ground up! Look forward to a robust search tool, intuitive navigation and your own dashboard to manage and track support tickets and requests.
- Out of the Box Recommendation Strategies - when you sync your product feed for the first time. You can now start using product recommendations
- There is a New Mobile SDK that includes support for push notifications in iOS 13, Russian language push notification buttons, and more.
June 2, 2019
New Affinity Based Targeting Conditions
You can now target users based on their personal preferences without having to build an audience.
- Multiple recommendation widget will no longer recommend the same products on the same page. This is done automatically.
- You can now sync product feeds with up to 5M items!
- New out of the box templates: Shop the Look for landing pages and several clean and more "generic" overlay and notification templates.
May 5, 2019
Export Revenue Event Log for A/B Test
You can now export a log of all revenue events that were fired in an A/B test, by clicking the Export button at the top-right of your experience report, and select “Revenue event log”. A downloadable link will be sent to your choice of email. The report includes all revenue type events, the attributed variation as well as indicate if these events were considered outliers.
Dynamic Yield Templates got a new home and a fresh look
In case you are looking for our out-of-the-box templates… we combined the two template tabs into a single screen. DY templates got a design uplift and can be found at the top row of your template selection screen.
- Out of the box templates are easier to see, as they appear prominently in the variation creation dialog.
- Recommendations got better: we're now recommending the most relevant products after filters are applied.
April 7, 2019
Affinity based Audience Conditions are here!
You can segment your audience based on individual preferences to product brand, color, category and other product attributes and create highly targeted personalized experiences.
New and Improved Recommendations in Dashboard
Total assisted and direct revenue is now available in the dashboard (for eCommerce sites).
- We’ve made room for important items like reports, tables, and content by moving our navigation to the top. We’re also tidied up and gave all of our resources, such as templates, strategies, goals, and evaluators their own home under the ‘Assets’ menu.
- All of your site personalization campaigns are now in a single view! You can now track, search and manage each and every site campaign from a single place, no matter the type.
- The platform is now much, much faster! Screen loading time has decreased by 50%!!!
March 3, 2019
New Algorithms for Email Recommendations
A few month ago we introduced purchased & engagement based strategies. Now we are now rolling them for our Email Recommendations as well - Recent Purchases, Purchased with Last Purchases, Viewed with Recently Viewed.
Audiences. Traffic sources & device type audiences will now be created automatically for every new site and app.
You can now upload SVG files for image template variables.
- When working on a variation that is linked to a tempalte, you can now quickly jump into its template form by clicking on the template’s name.
From now on, Automatic Allocation will be called Dynamic Allocation.
Preview dialogue improvements: It is no longer mandatory to plugin http:// is will for the preview URL; and when a URL is not provided, the preview will pull the site URL from your site settings.
Improve your site performance by adding DNS prefetch calls before the script. We've updated our script code to include the new calls.
Experience scheduled for future date, will not be loaded with the script, ultimately reducing script size and improving performance.
When you name any one of your variations “control group” (or small variants of this name) we automatically consider that variation as your baseline and measure uplift against it.
February 3, 2019
Outlier Handling in A/B Tests
A high volume purchase can easily boost the ‘revenue per user’ of a variation. Consequently, that variation is declared ‘winner’. However, there may be no real relationship between the purchase and the variation. Namely it may not reflect the behavior of the rest of the visitors who were exposed to that particular variation. Adopting the winning variation and removing all others, could potentially create a downlift affect.
Filtering such ‘outliers’ is therefore critical in gaining our customer’s trust when running revenue based A/B test experiments. This release, we begin filtering outliers from A/B test and Predictive Targeting by default.
Recommendation algorithm improvements: Popularity score is now calculated by the total score of the SKUs in the group, and not just by the leading SKU of the group.
January 6, 2019
Dashboard Recommendation Report
We’ve added a recommendation report to our new dashboard. If you are running Dynamic Yield on an eCommerce site and have at least one Active recommendation widget, you will now see an aggregated view of your recommendation performance across your entire site.
- Our mobile app customers will be happy to know that we’ve launched an in-app validation layer allowing developers and marketers to view the mobile implementation status in real time to quickly detect and fix issues.
- New Unified Customer Profile API: Dynamic Yield collects and derives many insightful user attributes such as ‘days since last purchase’ or ‘average order value’. This release we are exposing these attributes via a server side API, enabling you to leverage advanced user data in custom experiences anywhere (e.g. call centers, kiosks).