Welcome to Dynamic Yield! Using Dynamic Yield for email, you will be able to implement 1-to-1 personalization, segmented behavioral targeting, testing and optimization, product recommendations, and more.
Before you can get started personalizing your emails, you'll need to configure the following items:
- Add the Dynamic Yield scripts inside the <head> tag on every page of your site. The script tracks user activity and enables you to use that data to serve personalized experiences within your emails. Learn more about scripts.
- Add the Page Context snippet inside the <head> tag of your website. This sends information to Dynamic Yield about the page type (homepage, product page, and so on), and includes other page-specific information (product SKU, category, and so on). Learn more about page context.
- Implement Events (short API calls) to track meaningful user interactions (such as purchase, login, add to cart). This information will be used later to present personalized content within your emails. Learn more about events.
Note that the following events are mandatory:
- Add to Cart
And in addition, one of the following events:
- Sign up
- Subscribe to Newsletter
- Identify API
- Sync your product feed with Dynamic Yield. This file should contain your entire product catalog information (image, URL, price). This information is used to display product recommendations, offers based on behavioral targeting (say, to users with an affinity for a specific color), and more. Learn more about product feeds.
- Implementing Triggered emails: (add explanation and link to article) Implementing Triggered Emails
- For single page applications (SPA), Dynamic Yield offers a dedicated solution. With this solution, the implementation for SPA is identical to non-SPA, and the solution is seamless to the framework. Learn more about SPAs (Note that the Campaign Rendering section of this article is not applicable to Email).
- Modify the DYID cookie to ensure Safari user data is saved. To prevent Safari from automatically deleting each user's data every seven days, configure your application server to duplicate the DYID cookie. Learn more about the Safari ITP solution.
Additional recommended actions
- Uploading User data feed (add information so user understands value - targeting based on user data)
- Importing Offline Purchase Data (- use offline data to enrich recommendations within email)