Recommendations enable you to automatically display the most relevant items to each user. This article guides you on how to implement a recommendation widget using our server-side Experience APIs. The process includes:
- Creating an API recommendation campaign in the Dynamic Yield console.
- Calling the campaign with a server-side API call. The widget is rendered on your site.
Optionally, you can use real-time filters in your API recommendation campaigns.
After you set up and run your API campaigns, you can then also:
Create an API recommendation campaign
Go to Web Personalization › Create New › Recommendation and do the following:
- Give your campaign a name, and optionally, add notes and labels.
- Specify the API Selector. This selector is required in the API calls.
- Set the targeting settings of the experience to determine when, where, and for whom the experience is displayed, and then click Next.
- Create a variation. You can have multiple variations for a recommendation campaign, which you can use to test multiple settings, or test against a control group:
- Give your variation a name (visible only in the Dynamic Yield console).
- Choose a template. The template enables you to add an additional payload to the call. This can include any metadata you want to pass with the variation. For example, the title of the recommendation that matches the selected strategy, design definition, and more.
- When you create the variation, you can also select the strategy and number of items to show.
- When you are done with each variation, click Save Variation.
- Set the allocation, primary metric, and advanced experience settings.
- Define how much of your traffic to allocate to each variation and to the control group.
- Click Save Experience.
- To create an additional targeted experience (say, different strategies for different audiences), click the plus icon .
- Click Save and Publish when you are ready to proceed.
Now you're ready to call your campaign using the Choose API call.