Dynamic Yield lets you optimize external acquisition campaigns (like Facebook) by tailoring the message and the recommended products for different users. For example, you can
- Enrich the campaign audiences with:
- High propensity users with the most relevant products, or bought with products.
- Low propensity users with % discount, free shipping or a coupon.
- High Affinity to a certain brand /category
- Target lookalike audiences based on high propensity and high affinity scores
- Exclude from running general campaigns any of the above audiences.
- Similarly, you can exclude populations that have low propensity and\or low affinity scoring.
The process includes exporting the audiences from Dynamic Yield, and ingesting them in the target social network.
**Prerequisite - enabling Audience Export - speak to your Customer Success/ Partner Success team to enable this capability**
Step # 1
- Export the relevant audiences, one at a time.
- Using Audience Export, the file is created overnight. To load the audiences into Facebook choose plain text identifiers. For Google export hashed identifiers - they anyway hash identifiers once uploaded, hence exporting hashed identifiers speed the process.
- Using one-time export, the file is sent to your email, protected by a password. You can’t choose to hash identification.
Map AWS S3 as a network drive to easily access the files.
Ingest Audiences into Facebook
- Go to assets → audiences
- Press create audience
- Create a custom audience → customer list
- Press Next [Customer value] and another Next
- In the opened screen upload the file
- Map the header of the identifier column to EMAIL via the drop-down:
- The audience is created in Facebook:
- Now you can target this audience with any of your campaigns.
- You can also enrich or exclude an existing audience.
- Similarly, you can target look-alike population based on the exported audience.
Ingest Audiences in Google
- Rename the “identity” column to “Email”
- In your Google account, go to Audience Manager -> click the “+” icon to display what type of audience you want to add and choose “customer list”
- Choose if the export file contains plain-text or hashed emails.
Please sign in to leave a comment.