To check for the cookie for when a campaign was last served:
- In the devtools go to the application tab and filter by the cookie name “_dy_soct”.
- The numbers that are separated by asterisks come in groups of threes, the first being the campaign ID (ie. 502653) and the second is the experience ID (ie. 923370).
- The third number is the timestamp.
- To decipher the timestamp, copy the number and google “timestamp calculator”.
- Paste the timestamp into the calculator and convert it to see what it means in actual time.
- Note that the time is UTC, so convert for your customer’s location.
Also, one can check to confirm that the frequency settings in the campaign are set correctly by typing:
- “DYO.otags[*add campaignID*]” into the console.
- Expand the result and scroll down to “rules” and open that up.
- Expand the “0” and then expand “smartobject”.
- Under “smartobject” he should see the frequency displayed in section.
- For example, one week would be “frequency: 604800”.
The campaign is set to run no more frequently than every 604800 seconds, which is one week.
Please sign in to leave a comment.