If your product feed fails to sync, the very first step to do is to download the error log:
Possible logs are:
- "mandatory columns are missing". The log will tell you what column is missing.
The mandatory columns of a product feed in an e-commerce site are:
sku, categories, image_url, in_stock, price, name, group_id.
Make sure to add the missing columns.
More details are in the following article: Product Feeds.
- "too many warnings". In some cases, the product feed syncs properly with warnings. What usually causes warnings are missing values for mandatory columns. When there are too many warnings, that is, many missing data, the feed becomes unreliable and therefore it fails to sync.
In this case, make sure to fill in the missing data.
- "source format is not supported or invalid."
The supported file types are CSV, JSON, XML.
1. Make sure that the format structure is correct: JSON is not be nested.
2. Quotes are used correctly, i.e. if you're using an inner quote in a string, you must wrap the whole value in double-quotes, and the inner quotes should be single quotes.
3. The number of columns is consistent.
- "Invalid Source", if the connection is private, DY may not be able to download the file.
You may need to whitelist us on the following IP addresses:
EU server: 126.96.36.199
US server: 188.8.131.52
Please sign in to leave a comment.