Amplience is an API-driven headless CMS that enables developers and content managers to collaborate efficiently, decoupling content creation and presentation for rapid website and app development.
The Amplience connector enables you to manage content within the Amplience platform while managing personalization logic on Dynamic Yield. When you create server-side API campaigns, you’ll be able to select and use content that you previously created in your Amplience account.
Implement the integration
1. Activate the connector:
- In the Experience OS store, go to Amplience › Learn More and then click Install.
The Web Personalization Extensions tab appears.
- Click the status button and select Activate.
2. Configure the connector:
- Client ID: The client ID (API key) provided to you by Amplience.
- Client Secret: The client secret provided to you by Amplience.
- Hub Name: The hub name provided by Amplience.
- content_type_uid: The ID of the content type to sync with Dynamic Yield and use in your Dynamic Yield campaigns.
Use the Preview Entries panel to ensure that your Client ID, Client Secret, Hub name, and content type IDs are correct.
3. Save the configuration. You're ready to create campaigns with Amplience entries.
Create variations with Amplience entries
The integration adds an Amplience Entry ID variable type to your templates and variations in the following campaign types:
- Web Personalization: API Custom Code and API Recommendations
- App Personalization: API Custom Code and API Recommendations
To use this variable in your variation or template:
- In the JSON tab, create a variable, and then change its type to Amplience Entry ID.
- In the Variables tab, in the Content ID field, search for Amplience entries by name or ID, and then select the content you want to use. The content ID is added to the JSON code.
The API response
When users are targeted with this variation, the API response includes the content ID. Use this information to create the reference between the Amplience content (such as images or texts) and your app front end.