The top section of the Dashboard and Audience Reports displays the main metrics on your sites. By default, e-commerce sites display e-commerce metrics (Purchase, Revenue per User, AOV, and so on), and other site types might see pageviews and pageviews per user. If there are different metrics that are meaningful to your business, you can change the metrics based on any custom goal.
- Audience Explorer
- Audience Report
- Audience creation form (Projected Audience Size)
Example: A travel website with adjusted metrics for them - booking, revenue, and customer reviews.
Change the Dashboard and Audience Explorer top metrics
Note: Only your admin can make these changes.
- Go to Settings › General Settings › Primary Metrics.
- Click Change Metrics.
- Select the metrics that you want to show, and deselect the metrics you want to hide. You can select up to 5 metrics.
- Click Save to apply the metric selection to all of your users.
Add a custom metric
If the list does not include a metric that is meaningful to your business, it is because you do not have a goal that is based on this metric. Create a goal, and then it will appear as an option in the Primary Metric section. For each goal the following metric versions are available for use in the Dashboard and Audience Report:
|Metric Version||Example: "Booking" Goal|
|Total conversions of that goal||Booking|
|Total conversions per number of total users||Booking / User|
|Total revenue of that goal*||Booking revenue|
|Total revenue of that goal per number of total users*||Booking revenue / User|
* Only if the goal was assigned with a conversion value