The top section of the Dashboard and Audience Reports displays the main metrics on your sites. By default, eCommerce customers will see some eCommerce metrics (Purchase, Revenue per User, AOV, etc.), and non-eCommerce see pageviews and pageviews per user. If there are different metrics that are meaningful to your business, you can change the metrics based on any custom goal.
- Audience Explorer
- Audience Report
- Audience creation form (Projected Audience Size)
Example: A travel website with adjusted metrics for them - booking, revenue, and customer reviews.
How to Change the Dashboard and Audience Explorer Top Metrics
Note: This can be changed by your admin only.
- Go to Settings › General Settings › Primary Metrics.
- Click Change Metrics.
- Check the metrics that you would like to appear, and uncheck the metrics you would like to hide. You can choose up to 5 metrics.
- Click Save to apply the new metric selected to all of your users.
How to Add a Custom Metric
If the list does not include a metric that is meaningful to your business, it is because you do not have a goal that is based on this metric. Create a goal, and then it will appear as an option in the Primary Metric section. For each goal the following metric versions are available for use in the Dashboard and Audience Report:
|Metric Version||Example: "Booking" Goal|
|Total conversions of that goal||Booking|
|Total conversions per number of total users||Booking / User|
|Total revenue of that goal*||Booking revenue|
|Total revenue of that goal per number of total users*||Booking revenue / User|
* Only if the goal was assigned with a conversion value