Split tests, or redirect tests, are used to compare different URLs as a variation. For example, when you test a new homepage layout, you can redirect half of your users to an alternate design. Later, you can compare the performance of those who received the original page and those who were redirected.
- Go to Web Personalization › New Campaign and click Custom Code.
- Set the trigger to Page load and the frequency to Once per pageview and click Next.
- Set the targeting as desired and click Next.
- Create a variation for the alternative page you want to test by clicking New Variation.
- Go to the Dynamic Yield Templates tab and select Redirect.
- Enter the target URL of the variation.
- Save your work and publish the test.