For example, you might have a campaign whose success is primarily measured by clicks on a button that is not in the variation. You can define the button as a Unit, and set the primary goal of the experience to be CTR of that unit.
Units are identified by their URL and CSS selector (e.g. the ID or the Class).
Defining a Unit
- Go to Assets › Units.
- Click Unit Settings.
- Click + Add Unit and complete the fields:
- Unit Name: The name of the unit.
- Add Notes: Optional.
- Location on Site
- Use the drop-down and URL field to define the pages the unit exists on. If you don't specify any URL, the element will be defined as a unit on every page.
- The CSS selector defines which element will be defined as the unit. We recommend defining units by Div IDs, but you define them based on their Div Class and even more complex selectors as well. These values should only be defined by technical users, as incorrect values may affect page responsiveness.
- Click Save Unit.
- You can track interactions with all of your units in Assets › Units.