For more information on managing your own account settings, see Changing Your User Details.
Inviting and managing teammates
If you have admin permissions, you can invite, edit, and unlock teammates.
To invite a teammate:
- Go to the teammates' screen (in the navigation bar it's located under the user icon)
- Click Invite Teammate.
- Enter the first and last name, and the teammate's email.
- Choose the relevant permissions for the teammate. For details, see the Roles and Permissions section of this article.
- Click Save to finish. An automated email will be sent to the new teammate, containing a link to the system and instructions on how to log in and set the password.
- Once a teammate is created, any admin can always go back and view or edit their permissions or reset their password.
- You can see when a teammate last logged in in the Last Login column.
Note: You cannot use the same email address for more than one account.
You can control the access each teammate has to every site in your account by defining the permissions manually, or assigning the user a role. This section describes the available permissions for each teammate:
- Full access: The teammate can create and publish campaigns, view all reports, and manage other users.
- Publish: The teammate can create and publish campaigns, and view all reports. They can't manage other users.
- Create drafts: The teammate can create campaigns and save them as drafts, but can't publish them. They can view all campaigns and reports.
- No access: The teammate can’t see the site at all.
Admins have an additional level of permissions relating to areas of Experience OS that have code such as evaluators, templates, and variation code.
- No access to code: The user can’t view any code-based elements in the system.
Roles are sets of permissions that you can use to streamline your teammate management. You can select one of the predefined roles, or create a new role and define its permissions, and assign roles to one or more teammates in a few clicks. If you edit a role, the permissions are updated for each teammate assigned to that role. If you delete a role, the permissions of each teammate remain the same, but they are no longer linked to any role.
Predefined roles (available when inviting a new teammate or editing an existing one) include:
- No role: User permissions to the site are configured manually by the admin.
- Admin: Can edit all areas in the system, invite new teammates, and create new sites.
- No access: No access to the specific site.
- In the Teammates area, click “+” in the roles section.
- Enter a name and description for the role.
- Specify the permissions for each site that will apply to every teammate assigned to this role using the Access Level and Code Access columns. If you want to edit the permissions of more than one site at a time, use the checkboxes on the left and then specify a setting that will apply to all selected sites.
- Click Add Role.
Assigning roles to teammates
- In the Teammates area, select one or more teammates.
- Click Assign Role and use the dropdown to select a role.
Note: You cannot assign yourself to a role or edit your own permissions.
Editing or deleting roles
To delete or edit a role, click the icons on the role card.
If you delete a role that is assigned to one or more teammates, they retain their permissions, but they are no longer linked to any role.
Unlocking a teammate
If teammates enter an incorrect password multiple times, their account is locked. Admins can unlock the account by hovering on the locked teammate and clicking the unlock icon in the actions column.
- If a teammate is traveling and has trouble getting the verification code, try using an external app (such as Authy).
- If a teammate has trouble accessing permitted content, make sure that they don’t have more than one account set up for their email address.