You can edit your account settings and manage Dynamic Yield teammates in the My Account area.
In the My Account screen you configure your name, profile picture, and the phone number used for two-factor authentication.
Inviting and Managing Teammates
If you have admin permissions, you can invite, edit, and unlock teammates.
To invite a teammate:
- Go to the teammates' screen (in the navigation bar it's located under the user icon)
- Click Invite Teammate.
- Enter the first and last name, and the teammate's email.
- Choose the relevant permissions for the teammate. For details, see below.
- Click Save to finish. An automated email will be sent to the new teammate, containing a link to the system and instructions on how to log in and set the password.
- Once a teammate is created, any admin can always go back and view or edit their permissions or reset their password.
- You can see when a teammate last logged in in the Last Login column.
You can control the access each teammate has to every site in your account by defining the permissions manually, or assigning the user to a role. This section describes the available permissions for each teammate.
- Admin: Can edit all areas in the system, invite new teammates, and create new Dynamic Yield sites.
- Editor: Can edit all areas in the system, but cannot invite new teammates or edit teammate permissions. They cannot create new Dynamic Yield sites.
- Viewer: Can only view all areas and reports in the system, and can create changes and save them as drafts, but they cannot publish any changes.
- No access: No access to the specific site.
Admins and Editors have an additional level of permissions relating to areas of Dynamic Yield that have code such as Evaluators, templates, and the variation code.
- Can edit code: Teammate can create and edit code
- Can view code: Teammate can view code, but cannot create or edit.
- No access to code: Teammate cannot view the code.
Roles are sets of permissions that you can use to streamline your teammate management. You define the permissions in each role, and assign roles to one or more teammates in a few clicks. If you edit a role, the permissions are updated for each teammate assigned to that role. If you delete a role, the permissions of each teammate remain the same, but they are no longer linked to any role.
- In the Teammates area, click “+” in the roles section.
- Enter a name and description for the role.
- Specify the permissions for each site that will apply to every teammate assigned to this role using the Access Level and Code Access columns. If you want to edit the permissions of more than one site at a time, use the checkboxes on the left and then specify a setting that will apply to all selected sites.
- Click Add Role.
Assigning Roles to Teammates
- In the Teammates area, select one or more teammates.
- Click Assign Role and use the dropdown to select a roles.
Note: You cannot assign yourself to a role or edit your own permissions.
Editing or Deleting Roles
To delete or edit a role, click on the icons on the role card.
If you delete a role that is assigned to one or more teammates, they retain their permissions, but they are no longer linked to any role.
Unlocking a Teammate
If teammates entered a wrong password multiple times, their account will be locked. Admins can unlock their account by hovering on the locked teammate and clicking the unlock icon in the actions column.